To react to this forum, you have to be logged in! Create an account

Already have an account? Log in here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

On January, 1st 2023, Croatia will introduce the euro!
    After joining the EU in 2013, ERM II in 2020, Croatia will exchange its Kuna for euro in 2023.
    The 2 euro coin displays a geographical map of Croatia. The edge inscription uses lyrics from the pastoral play Dubravka from 1628. On the 1 euro coin, a marten standing on a branch is displayed, an animal after which the Kuna, the current Croatian currency was named.
    For the 10c, 20c and 50c coins, a design with Nikola Tesla, born in Smiljan, currently Croatia, was chosen. For 1c, 2c and 5c coins, a design with ligature bound letters Ⱈ (H) i Ⱃ (R) in glagolitic script was chosen.

Croatia euro coins 2023

1 euro will equal 7.527 Croatian kuna

Apperently, the design for the 1 euro coin will be canceled and replaced by something else due to plagiarism…
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/09/croatia-scraps-euro-coin-design-over-plagiarism-controversy

Aidan Work
    Participant

Mathieu, the design of Nikola Tesla has caused controversy, especially in Serbia.

Aidan.

Seems like we’re not there yet 😉

Illio
    Participant

In my opinion, these are quite disappointing designs. Especially the €2 design is very dull. Why put your country outline on a coin? I didn’t get it when Estonia did it and I still don’t get it.

The only design I like is the glagolitic script on 1, 2 and 5 cent coin. And let’s hope the new €1 design will be better than the previous one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.