This is the proposal of the euroHOBBY team after a consultation with the members of the euroHOBBY website;
1) The Swapper Button shall appear in the middle column in a new box dedicated only to this button. This new box should be just below the first box on the member's profile - look at the image below
2) The Swapper Button shall have 2 components - the button itself indicating either "Good Swapper" or "Bad Swapper" or "No Swaps" and a count of the unique number of Swaps. If the member never swapped then there should be no count. The Swapper Button should be clickable and when one clicks on it a pop-out window comes out showing full details of swaps e.g. statistics and comments
3) If the member never had swaps the button background would be in grey with the text "No Swaps" and no count (see image)
for every good swap a member gets +1 point
for every bad swap a member gets -5 points
the "unique swap points" that appears on the member's profile indicates only the points per latest swap from members. Therefore if you had 6 good swaps with Member X and 2 good swaps with member Y and 1 good swap with member Z the box would show 3 points. The latest swap takes over the old one. So if the latest swap with member X was negative (meaning -5 points) then your total would change to -3 (-5, +1, +1). A good swap will never take over a bad swap - so if you had a negative swap with member X and then a good swap with same member doesn't mean that that will clear your -5 points but if you had a good swap with member X (+1 point) and then a bad swap with same member, then it does take away the +1 and becomes -5
7) How to start a swap? In order to start a swap you have to visit the profile of the member that you are going to swap with and click the link "Activate a Swap" once you click this button it will change to "Swap Activated" (this change indicates that you have clicked the button)
8) The member that wants to swap with you has to visit your profile and click "Activate a Swap". When both swappers do that the "Swap Activated" link changes to "Rate Swap". The scope of this is to avoid abuse so a member can only rate you if both of you give consent. It is vital to click the "Activate a Swap" link before you send items that way you both activate the right to leave a rating.
If you fail to leave a rating or the other member does not click "Activate a Swap" the buttons will expire after 2 months then the buttons would change to "Activate a Swap"
9) When you click the "Rate Swap" button a window will ask you to write a comment and if the swap was positive or negative
10) When you click the Swap Button a pop up window will come out showing all the ratings, members with whom you had swapped and their comments. In case of a negative feedback only you get the right to reply (by leaving 1 comment)
(if possible Admin/Moderators will have the right to delete bad swaps points, only if deemed unfair)
11) In statistics you get an overview of the number of good and bad swaps you had in the past 1 month, 6 months and 12 months. The statistics will also show the number of unique points as explained in statement 6 (see above). It will also show the "Total Swap Points", this is different from "Unique Swap Points". The "Unique Swap Points" has been explained in statement 6.
The "Total Swap Points" would show all your points even if they are coming from the same member e.g. had 11 good swaps with member X, 1 bad and 1 good with member Y and 60 good swaps with member Z - so your count in this case is 11 points from X, -4 points from Y (-5, +1) and 60 points from Z - therefore your "Total Swap Points" would be 67 points but in this case the "Unique Swap Points" would be -3 (1 point from X, -5 from Y and 1 point from Z)
The "Unique Swap Points" are the points that appears on your profile's count! As this has more meaning as indicates points from most members rather than lot of points from few members.
The statistics in big fonts will also show the overall percentage of the good swaps. A member with 90 good swaps and 2 bad swaps would have a percentage of 98%. The calculation is Number of Good Swaps divided by the Total Number of Swaps (good or bad)
12) We want a page that classifies the Top 100 members according to their "Unique Swap Points"
Below please find the timelines, in green =ready, red = working on it, black = pending
Step 1 – Finding a programmer and discussing payment
Step 2 – Some minor testing to check if the code will work or not
Step 3 – Writing down proposals and consulting members
Step 4 – Gathering all the members’ proposals and drawing up images of the proposals
Step 5 – Submitting the ideas to the programmer
Step 6 – Programmer starts working on the code
Step 7 - Code Implemented - Testing for Bugs
Step 8 – Launch of the Good Swapper Button
23 August 2012 - Dear all, please note that the above project has been postponed indefinitely - the programmer is still working on this project however at a very slow rate as he is very busy with his full time job. We will let you know as soon as we have more information!
06 January 2013 - We are happy to announce that few hours ago we received an email from the programmer saying that the button is almost ready and should be finished by today. As soon as I get the full code from the programmer will send you another email and we can start the beta testing. The button will be more or less as explain above
Add a Comment