The Banque centrale du Luxembourg has the pleasure to announce the issue of the
following numismatic products on 3 February 2011:
· the coin card with the 2 euro commemorative coin “Grand-Duke Jean”;
· the coin rolls (25 coins) of these 2 euro commemorative coins in new circulation
· the set of “5 series of 9 coins” year-dated 2011 in new circulation quality;
The 2 euro commemorative coin is dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the
appointment by the Grand-Duchess Charlotte of her son Jean as Lieutenant of the
Grand-Duke. The edition is limited to 7.500 coin cards and the commemorative coins
is minted in “Brilliant Uncirculated” quality. Each coin card is individually numbered
and available at the price of 9 €. Considering the edition, the sale is limited to 5 coin
cards per person.
The plastic bag of “5 series of 9 coins” contains 5 coins of the 9 denominations,
including the 2 euro commemorative coin “Grand-Duke Jean”. This set is sold at the
price of 45 €.
These numismatic products will be available as from 3 February 2011
Furthermore, the Banque centrale du Luxembourg intends to issue three new
collector coins during 2011:
· a silver-niobium collector coin “Castle of Mersch” in the series “Castles of
Luxembourg” (June 2011);
· a gold coin “Rénert” from Michel Rodange in the series “Cultural History of
Luxembourg”, (October 2011);
· a silver and nordic gold collector coin “European Otter” in the series “Fauna and
Flora in Luxembourg” (October 2011).
Add a Comment