Andorra to issue euro coins as from 2013

It is very likely that Andorra will start to issue its own euro coins as from 2013. Andorra will be forced to put 80% of its euro coins in circulation - the other 20% can be reserved for collectors.

source

http://www.diariandorra.ad/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&am...

Views: 235

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of euroHOBBY to add comments!

Join euroHOBBY

Comment by Tomasz Krzywicki on February 17, 2011 at 11:53

"Andorra will be forced to put 80% of its euro coins in circulation - the other 20% can be reserved for collectors."

It is not exactly truth.

Andorra will be forced to mint 80% of its euro coins as circulation coins and 20% as collectors.

There are no forces if all circulation coins should they send to circulation or sell it all in folders, I suppose.

Comment by euroHOBBY on February 16, 2011 at 19:37
yes and i thought that Vatican these year would put another denomination in the circulation but somehow they are going to put 50c again :S - so they always go around the rules and find loopholes
Comment by Ar1us on February 16, 2011 at 15:17

The Andorran coins are going to be cheap only if the Principality's authorities do not abuse the agreement's spirit the way the Vatican and San Marino did:

Unless the agreement clearly states that 80% of each different coin type has to be put to circulation, they could put into circulation a lot of small value coins and hold back the €2 coins. 

Vatican did throw into circulation a lot of 2009 @ 50cent coins but no €1 or €2. Thus they met the demand for 80% of their money to be put into circulation, while on the same time they kept their €1 and €2 coins rare and expensive.

In a similar way, the 2010 San Marino  €1 coins are quite easy to find, but the €2 are not.

Comment by Ctirad on February 16, 2011 at 7:36

It's very good news for collector, other state for Euro, but Czech republic always not :-((

Comment by Wayne Lam on February 16, 2011 at 5:10

From the link putson provided, it said

The agreement stipulates that the annual value of the amount of currency issued by Andorra is calculated annually by the Joint Committee with an initial amount of 2.3 million euros of which 80% was put into circulation. The remaining 20% can be used for coin collection.

Assume they are not going to issue any banknotes, 2.3 million for coins should make it cheap enough.

Comment by Illioplius on February 15, 2011 at 23:07
They will have to go to circulation de iure, not de facto. :)
Comment by euroHOBBY on February 15, 2011 at 21:57

its all depends on the mintage quantities

if the mintage is very low and 80% has to go in circulation then the 20% UNC coins would be rare and expensive

Comment by Nick Bocho on February 15, 2011 at 21:33
Does that 80% in circulation means cheaper coins?
Comment by putson on February 15, 2011 at 20:32

Yes bad! I read here http://www.govern.ad/?p=13646

Next year nobody issued new set!


Find us on Facebook

© 2019   Created by Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service