On Thursday 10th January 2013, the full design of the new 5 euro banknote from the Europa series will be unveiled. The change in design was announced on the 8th November by the European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi, on the same day 3 new security features from this banknote were revealed. The new banknote shall appear in circulation in May and by Autumn 2013 most of the €5 notes in circulation shall be from the new series. The ECB is planning to launch the other denominations in the coming years, one after each other. The following information about the new banknote has been announced;
1) the name of the euro will also be in Cyrillic - EBPO
2) a revised map of Europe including Malta and Cyprus
3) the initials of the European Central Bank will now be in 9 languages instead of the current 5
4) Emerald Number - When you TILT the banknote, the shiny number displays an effect of the light that moves up and down. The number also changes colour from emerald green to deep blue.
5) Europa Portrait Watermark - When you LOOK at the banknote against the light, a faint image becomes visible and shows a portrait of Europa, the value of the banknote and a window.
6) Europa Portrait Hologram - When you TILT the banknote, the silvery stripe reveals a portrait of Europa, the same as in the watermark. The stripe also shows a window and the value of the banknote.
09 January 2013 - 27:00 that is the amount of hours left till the ECB unveils the new €5 euro banknote. The new note will be unveiled tomorrow 10th January at 4:30pm (CET) meanwhile on the website dedicated for the new banknotes they launched a countdown see here. Stay tuned! tomorrow we will post the images of the new euro banknote that shall appear in circulation this May.
Add a Comment