The head of the Andorran Government, Antoni Martí, and the European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, Olli Rehn, on the 30th June signed an agreement allowing Andorra to issue its own euro coins as from 2013 - something similar like with Vatican, San Marino and Monaco.

This was the final step in the long process of negotiations, thus, made the Andorran euro coins a reality. Andorra will issue 2.3 million in Andorran euro coins per year. The coins are not yet designed.

source

lavanguardia.com

Views: 23379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today I acquired this:

And today I acquired this:

Putting the commemorative coins aside for a moment, have Andorra had the regular coins minted in 2015? 

Not yet, but it's early days.

The regular 2 euro coin 2015 has been minted only.

Mintage 240.000

It seems according to ebay that a full set will be produced, coming out in late June or early July.

Probably June or July 2018 going by their track record. They should never have been given the right to mint coins if they can't release them in the correct year

It appears those 2015 coins were minted by the French mint and mixed with French €2 coins.

I have managed to get a 2016 Andorra 1 euro coin in a swap from a friend in Spain. So they have released at least that coin into circulation.

Cheers Mike

RSS

Find us on Facebook

© 2017   Created by Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service