The head of the Andorran Government, Antoni Martí, and the European Commissioner for Economic and Monetary Affairs, Olli Rehn, on the 30th June signed an agreement allowing Andorra to issue its own euro coins as from 2013 - something similar like with Vatican, San Marino and Monaco.

This was the final step in the long process of negotiations, thus, made the Andorran euro coins a reality. Andorra will issue 2.3 million in Andorran euro coins per year. The coins are not yet designed.

source

lavanguardia.com

Views: 23688

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AFTER
BEFORE

It seems that Andorra has slightly altered the common design depicted on the 10c, 20c and 50c. Without any notice, their official website is now showing new designs. It is not clear why but probably the design was not approved by the European Commission as it showing a person who looks like Jesus Christ.

(c) Andorra Euro Coins

Diari d'Andorra confirmed that the reason why the designs for the 10c, 20c and 50c have been changed was to keep religion neutrality.

(c) Diari d'Andorra

final designs

(c) govern.ad

Does anyone know what the edge of the €2 will look like?  Given that France and Spain both have the same, alternating 2s and **s, that is presumably the favourite.

Has anybody heard anything from andorra-euro.com in regards to the coins availability? I sent them a message but didn't get anything back.

I finally got a reply back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your inquiry about the future euro coins from the Principality of Andorra.

We kindly ask you to note that, up to date, the exact official issuing date of these coins has not been fixed yet.

As soon as this date is known, you will find the information in our website www.andorra-euro.com

We take this occasion to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Yours faithfully.

Servei d'Emissions - Andorra Mint

they are sending the above standard reply to whomever is writing them :S

some Fresh news from Andorra - in summary it says:

>> The new euro coins from Andorra will not be put in circulation on 1st January 2014 but instead they will put in the first quarter of 2014 so latest by March 2014

>> Government will put a limit on the number of euro sets one can buy

>> All citizens of Andorra will have the opportunity to buy at least 1 set

(c) http://www.diariandorra.ad/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&am...

hello from Greece... if you are interested to swap any coin from my list please let me know... Greece 2004,2010 Italy 2004,2006 France2008,2009 EMU, 2010, Netherlands 2011,2013 Belgium 2009, 2009 EMU, Germany 2007 TOR, Spain 2005, Esthonia 2011 (common)

The employees at the stand of the Andorran mint at the World Money Fair could not guarantee that this year there will be issued Andorran euro coins, however they also didn't know/ didn't want to say what the problems regarding the delayed issuance are.

That is very interesting, does anyone else know more?  Have they actually started production?

I hope these coins will be issued in this year after all.

RSS

Find us on Facebook

© 2018   Created by Creator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service